Monday, December 10, 2007

In which I vent some.....

I am so sick of our VOIP (phone service)! We have been going through Packet8 for over a year now, and in the last 6 months their service has become absolutely bottom rung. From the service just plain not working, to their cruddy, crappy customer service. Up until this we have had problems with noise on the line, but lately calls aren't getting through. Tonight I missed going to an event I go to every week because my ride calls me about 30 minutes before she picks me up, and the call didn't go through so I didn't wake up. (I know, I'm lame, I can take naps. But sometimes the body just overrides, and I'll conk out. Usually in the chair I surf from. Tonight I slept about 3 1/2 hours in the chair. I woke up, past the point when my ride would have picked me up. GRRrrrrrrr!!!! I suppose a bit more explanation about the ride might be helpful. She is an older lady, so when she gets here she honks the horn, so she doesn't have to get out of the car in the cold, and now the snow. We got about 3-4 inches of snow late last night after a couple of days of freezing weather, so when it snowed it stuck.

*********

It's been a while since I've posted so what else is going on?

I have sold 12 washcloths in the last couple of weeks. Yay me! We held what is called the PPQ Holiday Bazaar, they let me sell for my self, so I could keep the money I made. Most everything else that was sold there went into the PPQ fund. They have extended the sale another week, but I really don't know if I am going to sell at the sale again. I was going to use this week to knit for family Christmas presents. After Christmas, I am planning/hoping to make yet more washcloths and put them up on Etsy, and hopefully someone will want to buy them. At the moment I have plenty of yarn, we'll see if I have enough after all this knitting I have been doing, and planning to do.

Stress, stress and more stress. I need to find a job. I have no job. Money is really tight. My husbands co-workers are giving him a hard time. "Just make her get a job." "Cut her off, she'll find a job." "Install net-nanny." Blah, blah, blah. Actually this upset me more than a little. Enough it made me cry, and throw things, and oddly enough, do laundry. I clean when I get pissed off. Wow, I must be calm a lot of the time because my house is a disaster.

2 comments:

Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Congrats on selling the washcloths, how exciting! =)

Anonymous said...

Do you have an Etsy store? Maybe you could make just a little supplemental income selling your adorable knits over there?