Saturday, November 24, 2012

November Update

I haven't blogged in a while, I've done most of my social media interaction over on plurk.com. I like it over there. But I've started a weight loss journey and I don't want to flood my timeline with posts about my weightloss. Heavens knows I've muted people for doing exactly that. But I still need a way to be accountable. Thus my return to blogging. I can post here where no one is reading and still have a post that *could* be read.

My weight loss Journey

My friend Julie introduced me to the Now Eat This! Diet book many months ago, I ended up buying an eBook copy of the book and then never really opening it. I even downloaded it to my laptop and was still not reading it. Finally, about a week ago, I went and found a paper copy at Hastings. I then went next door and had Office Depot spiral bind the book. As an aside, seriously who makes a cooking book and then puts regular glue binding on it? The spiral binding on it works much, much better and I have cooked a few things out of it already.
Though I suppose my weight loss journey actually began after I got hired at my new job. New job has a gym on sight, about a week into my new employment I went and signed up at the gym, which they call the LQ. My DH also works at the same place and we usually go in at the same time, he doesn't get off work at the same time I do everyday however. He is usually about an hour behind me, perfect time for me to go down to the LQ, get a work out and have him meet me there after he is done to go home together. My goal has been to work out Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, with a bonus workout and swimming on Sunday at the local Aquatic Center. This plan has had some hiccups, but when we go swimming I have greater lung capacity and can swim farther so there have definitely been some improvements.
I think my major don't wanna go complaint in the back of my head is that the elliptical machines all face the Giant Mirror Wall. Not just the elliptical machines, the treadmills, the stationary bikes, and some of the weight lifting equipment. When severely overweight, it is not encouraging to have to see your flab bounce as you work out. I can see the weightlifters wishing for the GMW as they like to stand in front of it and watch themselves lift weights. and behind them is me chugging along jiggling all over the place and watching my belly bounce. It's not that big a room, but there had to be a way where the people on machines didn't have to watch themselves jiggling.
I've designated Fridays as weigh-in day, current weigh-in: 300 lbs.
How I did last week:
On Monday I was all stuffed up and didn't feel up to huffing and puffing.
On Wednesday, it was our last day of work before starting a 5 day weekend and I just wanted out of the place.  But we did take the dog for a short walk in the cold wind.
On Friday we were off work and we got exercise by wandering a few stores for Black Friday.
Are we going swimming Sunday? I am not sure, even after checking online for a schedule, if the pool is open tomorrow.
On Monday we are both off work and I am having dental work done, so no working out.
Hope to back into the swing of things on Wednesday.
In the meantime I need to start planning meals, and I need to go ingredient shopping.
Wish me luck!

No comments: