Thursday, August 30, 2007

Warning, minor rant.
//rant
Ok, so for the last 3 days I have tried to donate/sell my plasma. I have been doing this for a while now, and it should be no big deal by now right? Apparently it is still a big deal, to my body at least. It may be rebelling. My heart rate has been really high the last few days, and I mean REALLY high, like 116 high. At least today it went DOWN after they had me go sit for a while to try and bring it down under 101. Yesterday and the day before it was just about the same. Part of it could be that I am psyching myself out. Some time ago the sites where they insert the needle got really, really sensitive and it hurt quite a lot to have the needle inserted. Last time I donated I have to have a re-stick done because my right arm hurt so bad. A re-stick is where they stick a new needle in your other arm. So I think I am worried that the sites are going to become all sensitive again and one way to get out of it is to have a heart rate that is to high.
The other thing is apparently Corporate came through a few days ago a ripped on them pretty hard. One of the results of that is a new rule that you have to sign in as soon as you come in. Whereas before this I was coming in and sitting for an hour before I would sign in. So today, since signing in immediately for the last two day hasn't worked, I sat in what is called Friendship Square for an hour reading my book facing away from the donation center. Nice and sunny out, I'm sitting in the shade on a bench reading. You'd think that would help and be relaxing right? ::Sigh:: Apparently not. I go in, sign in, get the lovely finger stick, sit and wait until they call me to a booth, heart rate is 116. On the plus side my temp was down from yesterday, yesterday my temp was 99.5, today it was 98.6. Driving in a very hot truck without AC could have been to blame for yesterday, but who knows. Anyways, I talk her into letting me sit for 30 minutes instead of the usual 15. I sit and crochet and silently bemoan having to watch War of the Worlds AGAIN. She calls em back and...........111, and then 109. CRAP, Crappity, crap!!! So for the third day in a row I am deferred for the day. But hooray! I can come back and try again tomorrow! For the FOURTH day in a row. If I wasn't so very, very broke I wouldn't have even tried today. How broke? I have $1 until next Wednesday. I have $1 headed into a three day weekend! Basically I am very upset.........with myself.
ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!
//rant
********
In better news I had a job interview today for my LYS (Local Yarn Store). How very cool would that be? I think it went very well. I am happy with everything I said, and haven't had a random comment come back to haunt me. YET. At one of the other ladies suggestions I took in projects I have done, and ones I am in the middle off, and that seemed to really help.
********
Yesterday I was just bawling because I found out Ubee didn't make it and passed to the Rainbow Bridge. Such a sweet, sweet kitten. So very sad.
*******
In other news, I am headed out to mow my much neglected and turning brown lawn.

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

Followed your link home from Michele's, and I'm so glad I did.

Here in the Great White North, blood donors are not paid for their donations. I donate plasma every week - up to 238 donations now - and I've often had the opposite issue: my heart rate is usually under 60. My blood pressure is also low, but thankfully it always seems to be within range.

I love that 45 minutes I get in the chair...it's the most peaceful time I have all week!