Friday, November 9, 2007

Ever have one of those days?

I've had a surprising good/bad day.
Good: I managed to make it out of the house in time to make it to the food bank.
Bad: The food bank is closed because they are out of food and will have a shipment over the weekend.
Good: I managed to drop off a ton of grocery bags, we had saved up, at the food bank.
Bad: Traffic was really heavy on a street I needed to cross, it took me 10 minutes to get across, and I had to piggy back on a couple on bikes in order to do it. Then the bike riders decide to ride in the street right in front of me.
Good: TJ's Books and Treasures (my local used book store) is going to take most all of the books I brought in.
Also Good: I managed to sign into donating at 2:25 pm
Really Bad: Donating dicked around and around and around. Then they called me back to the physician office because they had put an ALERT in my file because my heart rate was to high the first time they called me back last time. WHAT THE HECK!!! It took you 35 minutes to figure this the HECK out!!! By now it is 3:03 pm. The sun goes down around 4:15 pm. I talk to the PA, she takes my pulse by hand and tells me I am in the high 90's. She tells me I can go sit and wait in the waiting area, she has to have Cody sign off on the file. I sit until 3:10 pm, I figure I have to be done with donating by 4:00 pm, at the rate things are going I am not going to make it. Rather than have to worry about it, I go up and tell Andrew that I am out of time, and have to leave.
Also Bad: I noticed that at some point today I lost my zipper pull and zipper stop off my favorite jacket. I stopped at what USED TO BE Threads and Things, where I got my wedding dress altered, like I said, USED TO BE. It is now a Falling Moon Tattoo and Piercing Studio. EEK!! I went in and asked about Threads and Things, and they said they think the guy is still doing alterations, he is just doing it out of his house now, and they think the number in the phone book is still the same. Happy Happy joy joy.
Good: I made it home intact, and before dark.
Also Good: I got rid of some books, and a whole lot of paper bags. And I apparently clamped the canopy onto the truck sufficiently well, because it never even moved the entire time I drove around.

Like I said, good and bad all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had days like that, just an utter grab bag. I hope things are just really good all weekend for you.

Michele sent me.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Sounds like you got a lot done on the one hand, and not a lot done on the other..LOL! I hope your heart rate problem gets straightened out soon, soom, soon.

Michele sent me tonight, and I'm glad she did! Nice to M&G you, courtesy of Michele.