Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday update

My goodness has it really been a week since I posted? Wow, must be. Guess that means it is update time.
  • So, I made it to Pullman and back with the stuff I needed to get, I even stopped off at my favorite used bookstore, Brused Books. I picked up a Tom Clancy book, Chicken Soup for the Soul audio book, and The Hero by John Ringo. So by the time I got home I had ridden 7 miles, yay me!
  • I am thinking about making candles today. My 4 wick candle just died, the wicks went out one by one and the wick started floating in the melted wax. Time to melt it down and pour it into the mold DH bought me. Only problem with that theory is that I can't find my candy thermometer so I would know what temp the wax is, and trust me it has to get to a certain temp before you pour it, or it turns out way funky. Maybe I'll head out to the store and get a new one.
  • The loss of Gizzy over at Darling Millie, and the news of the shootings over at Virginia Tech has made me very, very sad this week.
  • All this week my back has been hurting so bad I can hardly move, DH gave me a back rub last night and I feel 75% better :) Horray for Husbands/SO! I slept in today, it was so nice to sleep in the bed without extreme pain.
  • Even with my back hurting I got a lot done yesterday, dusted all the corners of the house, getting rid off the cobwebs that have accumulated. Emptied the dishwasher, and reloaded it and ran it. Made homemade chicken noodle soup from scratch. Ran loads of laundry, and put them away, that is usually the hard part, getting the laundry put away once it is done. Cleaned out the fridge a little bit. Cleaned up the stove and washed the drip pans, and the under burner area.
  • I have been working on one of my crochet projects, the ribby ripple, though I am going to run out of the light blue before I think I should, may have to pick up another skein of it.
  • I found a piece of technology that I have fallen in lust with, the Sony Reader, soooo cool!! I love to read, and this sounds so very awesome. To bad I don't have any hope of ever being able to afford it.
  • I have been thinking I need to start on the quilt I promised my friend Scott. He wants to take a jean quilt to his wife's parents in Taiwan. Luckily I have about a year to finish it. Going to take the material to PPQ on Monday (PPQ is Purple Paisley Quilters).
  • I have been listening to Outlander on CD. I have already read this, but it is nice listening to it with the appropriate accents.
So that is what has been going on with me this week.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.
T

No comments: